- "‘You May See it or Not’: John Rogers Herbert, R.A. and the New Palace of Westminster ". Visualising a Sacred City: London, Art and Religion. Eds. Ben Quash, Aaron Rosen and Chloe Reddaway. London: IB Tauris, 2016. pp102-114.
- In Every Respect Equal’: John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the Monumental Moses, NGV International, 14 June 2015
- Floor talk, Moses Descending with the Tables of the Law, NGV International, April 2015
- How to Look at Art, Rotary Club of Malvern, 26 October 2013
- John Rogers Herbert: A native of Maldon, Maldon Historical Society, 6 November 2012
- Ashmolean Treasures: A guided tour, Oxford Lindy Exchange, 29 June 2012 and 30 June 2013
Exhibition and Book Reviews
- Edith Courtauld’s ‘Memories of the First Palm Sunday’, Australasian Journal of Victorian Studies, Special Edition: Pre-Raphaelitism and Australia, 2018 (forthcoming)
- “Unrolled: John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the monumental Moses in the National Gallery of Victoria”, Art Journal of the National Gallery of Victoria, No. 54, December 2015, p71-81.
- “The Pre-Pre-Raphaelite: John Rogers Herbert, R.A. (1810-1890)”, The Burlington Magazine,1334, May 2014, p311-317.
- “John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the New Palace of Westminster” The British Art Journal, Vol. XI, No. 3, Spring 2011, p48-55.
- “John Rogers Herbert” Parish of St Peter, Llanbedr-y-cennin, Conwy Newsletter, Spring 2011.
- “James Collinson’s For Sale and To Let: The Vulnerable Woman” The Review of the Pre-Raphaelite Society, Vol. XVII, No. 2, Summer 2009, p62-68.
- “Medieval Moderns – The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, NGV (11 April – 12 July 2015)”, Australasian Journal of Victorian Studies, Special Edition: Pre-Raphaelitism and Australia, 2017 (forthcoming)
- “The King’s Artists: George III’s Academy, Royal Academy 25 May – 21 October 2012” The British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies, 17 October 2012 (Accessible online: https://www.bsecs.org.uk/criticks-reviews/the-kings-artists-george-iiis-academy/)
- “Three books on Watts: A Review” The Review of the Pre-Raphaelite Society, Vol. XXI, No. 2, Autumn 2012, p34-37.
- “A Medieval Obsession: Herbert and his Circle”, NGV Pre-Raphaelite Symposium, NGV International, 4 July 2015
- Unrolled: John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the monumental Moses in the National Gallery of Victoria, Art Association of Australia and New Zealand Annual Conference - December 2013
- Individual and Incarnation: Victorian Art’s Theological Anxiety
International Society for Religion, Literature and Culture, University of Copenhagen – Oct 2012
also Art, History and Religion, Seminar at Oxford Brookes University, Oct 2012
- The Pre-Pre-Raphaelite: John Rogers Herbert, R.A.
“Wildering Phantasies” - interdisciplinary Pre-Raphaelite conference, University of Dundee- 2011
- Deteriorating Back to Oil: John Rogers Herbert and the New Palace of Westminster
British Association of Victorian Studies conference, University of Glasgow - 2010
- Art by Committee: J. R. Herbert and the Decoration of the New Palace of Westminster
Oxford Brookes Graduate Student Symposium - 2009