- ‘That’s not art it’s Victorian porn!’ – how one small Barbie doll took on the art world, The Guardian (UK) 16 April 2020
- Where Place Becomes Canvas, The Victorian Writer, March 2019
- Beginnings, The Victorian Writer, June-July 2019
- Power Plants as Public Art, Cosmos Magazine, 12 October 2018
- The Pre-Raphaelites in Oxford, Oxford Brookes Department of History, Philosophy and Religion, 2011
Selected Academic Publications
- “‘You May See it or Not’: John Rogers Herbert, R.A. and the New Palace of Westminster “. Visualising a Sacred City: London, Art and Religion. Eds. Ben Quash, Aaron Rosen and Chloe Reddaway. London: IB Tauris, 2016. pp102-114.
- “Unrolled: John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the monumental Moses in the National Gallery of Victoria”, Art Journal of the National Gallery of Victoria, No. 54, December 2015, p71-81.
- “The Pre-Pre-Raphaelite: John Rogers Herbert, R.A. (1810-1890)”, The Burlington Magazine,1334, May 2014, p311-317.
- “John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890) and the New Palace of Westminster” The British Art Journal, Vol. XI, No. 3, Spring 2011, p48-55.
- “John Rogers Herbert” Parish of St Peter, Llanbedr-y-cennin, Conwy Newsletter, Spring 2011.
- “James Collinson’s For Sale and To Let: The Vulnerable Woman” The Review of the Pre-Raphaelite Society, Vol. XVII, No. 2, Summer 2009, p62-68.